Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Award Winning Tabard

Welcome to my blog. My son set up my blog and my daughter set up my web page. I think they are both just beautiful. How lucky can you be.
I consider myself being a ceramist or clay artist.I went out on a limb and did something quite different than my usual artwork with clay.I needed a challenge, something to get me up and running again. I painted "Whimsy Woman" on fabric, then appliqued it onto the back of a tabard made out of black fabric, I then had to sew it together. Ugh! This was submitted for the tabard challenge for the San Antonio Fiber Art Style Show . To my surprise, I won the Tabard Challenge. What was so exciting my sister, Sandra Edsall won the Best of Show! This wasn't rigged really!! By vote of 300 attentees.

No comments:

Post a Comment